The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades is hiring a creative content producer to join our team and make a difference in the lives of working people. This person is responsible for implementing our multimedia storytelling strategy and works closely with other members of the communications team and staff to create compelling content that educates, inspires, engages and informs a broad range of audiences about our programs and campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a passion for social justice and is excited to use storytelling to simplify complex ideas and drive narrative change. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating original text and video content while managing the IUPAT’s various social media platforms.
This position is based in our Hanover, MD office and will be supervised by the Communications Director.
- Oversee all social media accounts of the IUPAT
- Communicate and respond to followers in line with the shared vision of the IUPAT, and at the direct of the IUPAT Communications Director.
- Design and implement social media goals at the direction of the Communication’s Director, and aligned with the organization’s vision.
- Produce a range of video content for our website and social media channels as well as projects for our advocacy and campaign teams. This includes pitching, writing, and producing documentaries, scripted call-to action videos, motion graphic explainers, and other forms of media.
- Provide data matrix and update to Communications Director as well as IUPAT Department Heads for the effectiveness of content.
- Schedule and manage pre-production for shoots, story outlining, drafting questions, and conducting on-camera interviews and standups.
- Edit video and audio projects that were filmed in the field from staff and partners.
- Create digital collateral for social media, including static images, illustrations, and infographics
- Shoot and edit photography content
- Produce and/or edit audio stories for upcoming podcasts.
- Work at the direction of the Communications Director to collaborate with teams and departments on social media content and strategy.
- Monitor industry trends, and stay up to date with current technology to promote union awareness in a variety of ways that are unique within the labor movement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in professional journalism or documentary work.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative products (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop,); working knowledge of entire suite a plus.
- Photographic and video proficiency (Experience with Canon C100 and DSLRs a plus).
- A proven track record of managing productions and creating interesting video content.
- Experience with video streaming platforms (vMix, ReStream, etc.)
- Experience with audio production (set up for radio, podcasts, etc.).
- Excellent communicator who has the ability to research and produce content under short deadlines on a range of topics and adjusting to a range of styles and voices.
- Good research and fact-checking abilities.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at a time and working in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with social media platforms and effective uses of Twitter and Facebook for campaigns and organizations.
- Ability and desire to collaborate and establish rapport with staff, colleagues, and individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Comfort in a team environment, and experience working in both a lead and support role.
- Interest or experience in and knowledge of workplace and economic issues, labor, social justice, organizing, and/or progressive policy and advocacy issues.
- Flexibility to travel as needed in the performance of duties.
How to apply:
Submit resume, relevant video/digital samples, references, and cover letter/letter of interest to jdoherty at iupat org.
The IUPAT is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, l/g/b/t/q individuals, those with disabilities, and those with working-class backgrounds to apply.
Salary and benefits: The Creative Content Producer – Social Media Manager position offers a competitive salary, depending on experience. The IUPAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation, medical, dental, retirement, and professional development benefits.